42653 - Ballast for track center - HO scale
Ballast board to fill in the spaces between the tracks in the train station area. Colour and grain size match the bedding track. 3 pcs/pack. Size 345x93mm.
Unlike the sloping roadbed of the tracks in the open country the roadbed in station and shunt yards consists
of levelled ballast.
The achieve a realistic appearance the ballast sheet 42653 can be used to fill the space between the tracks
in station areas and shunt yards.
The material of this sheet matches the ballast roadbed in texture and colour. A sheet of rigid foam plastic
is supplied as base and filler up to the level of the rails.
Use of the ballast sheet:
1. When using the ballast sheet it is advisable to cut the roadbed slopes from the roadbed along the
cutting lines with scissors (fig. 1).
2. To determine the outline of the ballast sheet to be used it is placed underneath the assembled track
units with the textured side up and marked along the roadbed edge (fig. 2).
3. The marked outline of the ballast sheet is cut with a sharp hobby knife or scissors.
4. The ballast sheet cut to the desired shape is attached to the foam plastic with contact glue or a double-
sided adhesive tape, the foam plastic is then cut along the outer edge of the ballast sheet (fig. 3).
5. The cut-to-shape piece of ballast sheet is placed at the intended location and, if necessary, glued to the
roadbed. For gluing of the rubberized material it is best to use quick-setting glues (Cyano-acrylates,