Class 56 Steam Loco HO MARKLIN - 37509
Class 56 Steam Locomotive
Road number 56 765 of the GDR German State Railroad is an absolute one-of-a-kind. It emerged in June of 1939 from the DRG's conversion of the former Prussian G 8.1 (DRG road number 55 4131). The aim was to improve the running characteristics of this locomotive with eight driving wheels with the addition of a Bissel frame pilot truck and to increase the speed to 70 km/h / 44 mph. After World War II, it remained on the DR in the GDR and worked into the Sixties in passenger and freight service while being stationed at the maintenance facility in Heringsdorf on the Isle of Usedom. There it was even equipped with smoke deflectors as an exception due to the occasionally strong winds off the sea. The lettering "Lok Brigade Fritz Reuter" ("Fritz Reuter Locomotive Worker's Team") shows the special care given to this locomotive by this team and commemorates the Low German author and democrat Fritz Reuter, who lived in the 19th century.
Prototype: German State Railroad (DR) GDR class 56.2-8 steam freight locomotive. Converted Prussian G 8.1 with a pilot truck. German State Railroad (DR) (prewar) lamps and bell included. Type 3T 16,5 coal tender. Road number 56 765. The locomotive looks as it did around 1966.
Locomotive, for the first time, includes smoke deflectors
Newly developed smokebox door
Prototypical changes to the steering guide
mfx+ World of Operation decoder and extensive operation and sound functions included.
Product description Model:
The locomotive has an mfx+ digital decoder and extensive sound functions.
It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel mounted in the boiler.
4 axles powered. Traction tires.
The locomotive and tender are constructed mostly of metal.
The 72270 smoke unit can be installed in the locomotive.
The dual headlights change over with the direction of travel.
They and the smoke unit contact will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally.
Warm white LEDs are used for the lighting.
There are separately applied smoke deflectors.
A permanent close coupling with a guide mechanism exists between the locomotive and tender.
The tender's rear and the locomotive's front have a close coupler with an NEM pocket.
The locomotive has many separately applied details, such as piping and sand pipes.
Protective piston sleeves, brake lines, an imitation prototype coupler, and a sheet of decals for prototypical lettering on the smoke deflectors are included.
Length over the buffers 21.1 cm / 8-5/16".
A freight car set to go with this locomotive can be found in the Trix H0 assortment under item number 24075, with a reference to the necessary exchange wheelsets.
This model can be found in a DC version in the Trix H0 assortment under item number 22908.
Road number 56 765 was stationed from 1956 to January 31, 1967, at Seebad Heringsdorf at Usedom (German State Railroad District Greifswald).
In the Sixties, it had a different boiler, as can be seen from photos.
Road number 56 765 was equipped with the boiler with directly after one another arranged appliances during an L 4 procedure in October of 1965 in Leipzig.
It was still in use with this boiler in 1969.
Steam locomotive op. sounds
Sound of squealing brakes off
Whistle for switching manoeuvre.
Sound of coal being shovelled.
Letting off Steam
"Switcher Double ""A"" Light"
Switching range + switching light
* New features of Central Station 2 (Part No. 60213, 60214 or 60215) with the software update 4.2
** New features of the Mobile Station 2 (Part No. 60657/66955) with the Software Update 3.55