23250 - IC-Doppelstock-SteuerWagon DB (HO SCALE)
IC2 Bi-Level Cab Control Car,2nd Class
Prototype: German Railroad, Inc. (DB AG) type DBpbzfa 668.2 bi-level cab control car, 2nd class, for long-distance service. Light grey long-distance service paint scheme with "Traffic Red" stripes, in the current IC design. Train route: IC 2035 from Norddeich to Leizpig Hbf. Car position number 1. The car looks as it did in 2016.
- Completely new tooling.
- Factory-installed LED interior lighting.
- Interior lighting in the entire car consist can be controlled by means of a decoder in the cab control car.
- Headlights and long-distance headlights can also be controlled digitally.
- Prototypical train route: IC 2035 from Norddeich to Leizpig Hbf.
- Car position number 1.
Model: The minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16".
The car has low-mounted entries between the trucks.
It also has factory-installed LED interior lighting on both levels and an operating current-conducting close coupler on the end of the car without an engineer's cab.
The car has a lighted train destination sign on the end of the car.
The interior lighting and the train destination signs on the sides of the other bi-level intermediate cars can be turned on and off in digital operation by means of a decoder in the cab control car.
A defined car order is specified to do this.
The triple headlights and dual red marker lights change over with the direction of travel and can be controlled digitally.
Long-distance headlights can also be controlled digitally. The headlights / marker lights changeover, interior lighting, and the train destination signs on the sides will work in conventional operation.
By removing a piece of skirting, a normal coupler can be installed on the end of the car with an engineer's cab to allow a locomotive to couple to that end of the train.
The end of the car without an engineer's cab has transparent red marker light inserts.
The car has prototypical Görlitz design trucks.
Length over the buffers 29.2 cm / 11-1/2".
- The electric locomotive to go with this car is the class 146.5 and it can also be found in the Trix H0 assortment under item number 22681 to form a prototypical 6-unit train along with the bi-level cars 23248, 23249, 23250, 23251, and 23252. Running this car on curved bridge ramps may be possible only after appropriate modification of these ramps.
- This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 43483.